Have you ever felt "stuck" in your life? Like no matter what you do, you can't seem to shake the feeling that something is just...off? If so, you're not alone. Most of us go through life living in our heads, disconnected from our bodies. We're so used to it that we don't even realize it. We think that's just the way it is. But what if I told you there's a whole other way of living? A way that's connected, embodied, and full of vitality? That's what embodiment and energy work are all about.
Embodiment is the state of being present in your body. It's about sensing and feeling your body from the inside out. It's about being aware of your body in space and in relation to other things. This means being present in the here and now, aware of your physical sensations, emotions, and thoughts. When you're embodied, you're not just thinking about your body or looking at it from the outside; you're actually experiencing it from the inside.
1. Increased self-awareness. When you are attuned to your physical sensations, emotions, and thoughts, you become more aware of what is going on inside of you. This increased self-awareness can lead to greater clarity about what you want and don't want in your life so that you can make better decisions from a place of worth and confidence instead of reacting on autopilot.
2. More control over your emotions. When you are able to feel your emotions fully, without numbing them or pushing them away, you will find that they have less power over you. You will be better able to regulate your emotions, respond to stressful situations in healthy ways, and eventually allow the emotions to pass through instead of getting stuck in your body.
3. Improve your overall physical health. One of the most important things about embodiment is that it helps us to connect with our bodies on a deeper level. When we are disconnected from our bodies, we may find it difficult to understand what our bodies are trying to tell us. For example, we may push through pain or fatigue because we don't realize that our bodies are trying to tell us to slow down or rest. However, when we are in touch with our bodily sensations, we can better listen to what our bodies need. Through this awareness, you learn to release tensions or blockages that may be causing physical pain or disrupting your digestion, circulation, and other biological systems.
4. Greater connection with others. It's important to remember that embodiment isn't just about selfishly taking care of ourselves (although that's definitely part of it!). One of the most beautiful things about embodiment is that it leads to a deeper connection with those around us—something we all crave on a soul level. When we enter into relationships from a place of fullness rather than emptiness, we open up the possibility for true intimacy and connection. We also set boundaries more easily and effectively because we know our own needs better. So not only does embodiment benefit us individually—it also has the potential to change our relationships for the better as well!
Energy work is any type of practice that involves working with the energies in your body. This can include practices like meditation, breathwork, yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, and Reiki. Energy work can help you release stagnate energy and emotions, increase your vitality and well-being, and connect you with your authentic self.
1. Increased vitality and well-being. When your energy is flowing freely, you will feel more vibrant and alive. You will have more energy to do the things you love, and you will feel more capable of handling whatever life throws your way.
2. Immediate and impactful. Unlike talk therapy or other mindset modalities, energy work has an immediate effect on your body and mind. You will be able to feel the effects right away and the more you practice, the more profound the effects will be.
3. Safe and gentle. When done properly, energy work is a safe and gentle way to heal traumas or wounds that are hidden in your energy field. But I must warn you, if you are unaware of how the body releases stress and trauma, you can experience retraumatization. It's important that you work with someone or learn supportive energy methods that are designed to work with the way that stored energy (aka trauma) moves and is released through the body.
Making time for embodiment and energy work can be difficult in our fast-paced world; however, it is crucial for our health and well-being. They both have a variety of benefits, including reducing stress levels, boosting moods, improving digestion, enhancing relaxation, and balancing hormones. If you're looking for a way to improve your health and wellbeing, consider giving embodiment and energy work a try.
Not sure where or how to start? Check out my program "Quantum Sexuality" where I teach you simple and effective ways to bring embodiment and energy work into your daily life... no matter how little time you have or how stressful it may be.